Setting up a Virtual Machine for Repackaging
You can use either VMware Workstation, Hyper-V or VirtualBox for your Repackaging work.
- Sound Card
in your hardware configuration. Install a clean version of Windows XP, Windows 7 x86, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x86 or Window 8 x64. Which OS you pick depends for which platform you want to repackage for. Then please make sure to:
- Install the .NET 4 Framework Client Profile
- Install the .NET 4 Framework Extended
- Install Bundle Commander Professional Edition with your license
- Bundle Commander's Setup Store directory should be configured/located on a file share
- Install ZENworks Application Virtualization with your license (optional)
- Install Flexera AdminStudio Remote Repackager (optional)
- Install VMware ThinApp with your license (optional)
- Install App-V5 Sequencer and PowerShell 3.0 (optional)
- Install all Windows Updates
- Configure Windows Update to "Never check for updates"
- Don't install antivirus software or malware protection
- Don't install the "Microsoft Browser Choice Screen Update'
- Don't install Windows Search 4.0
- Enable local administrator account and remove other accounts from the computer
- Action Center, Turn off all Maintenance messages (Windows 7)
- Action Center, Turn off all Security messages (Windows 7)
- Folder Options, Enable show hidden files and folders
- Folder Options, Remove tick from Hide protected operating system files
After you've rebooted the system, make sure to make a snapshot of this 'clean' Virtual Machine. You can then use this for (re)packaging work.
Roel van Bueren